Four avengers of the apocalypse are trying to save the world paralyzed by a mysterious virus.
Studio: EdgeImageBank Pictures
1. In order to construct the film, it was necessary to the understanding of the story for the length of each chapter to be of precisely 6 minutes each.2. The film is all about evil, evil personified and how to live with it.
3.The board game version of the film with the four main characters in miniatures with their balaclava on and four figures without their balaclava, the dice with six numbers on it and the cards guiding the game.
4. Evil may also be the good guy: in this film, evil is the avenger of justice, of lost reality and the apocalypse since everything else failed on planet Earth and the prophets turned up to be nothing more than con-merchants. The avengers are the last hope to save the world.
5. The four "A" (s-plural) avengers: A1, A2, A3 and A4 have completed a grueling six months of training in choreography, dance and miming to be able to feature in this project.
6. The card game for the play: "Who is the most evil, in a world run by evil"
7. The whole and main presentation only includes some of the scenes filmed. A 12 minute scene in a car between two avengers wearing a balaclava is actually a scene taken from Hamlet by William Shakespeare. The whole play has been filmed inside a car and a derelict house in Manchester, UK over a period of two weeks and the characters' list has been played by only two. However the film and its story is not about Hamlet, although there are parallels with the dilemma of the humans' own existence and therefore not included in the whole presentation but will at some point be released in some format.
8. In the story, in one of the scenes, the four avengers are chasing an unknown force responsible for spreading a biological virus around the world.
9. A series of planets has been created, designed and adapted from existing images, some taken for the purpose of the film. The planets and the stars are rotating and circling around together for six minutes: the length of each chapter.
10. There was a 'Project Corona' displayed on the Rockefeller foundation website back in 2017 (removed later). Of course, many coronas existed before but the idea stuck for a story. This 'Project Corona' was about a simulation for the worst case scenario but my project added that thought and included a mechanism to monitor the process that included a lockdown and quarantine.
In the case of the Spanish Flu pandemic of the 1920s and Ebola in Africa, quarantine was only warranted for localised -short terms-, a matter of a few days -the virus would have already travelled far and wide from the first millisecond.
Whilst the project was initially released in 2019, in 2020 the lockdowns turned up to be superspreaders and only served to brew the virus. The mechanism in place was 4 Avengers of the Apocalypse ready to act to safeguard humanity from total annihilation.
Reality always outstretched fiction.
11. Back in 1989, Old Nick and Virtual Alien Devil's Life . Half the lyrics are in French and some of the verses included extracts from Hamlet, Act III, Scene II -which has also been included in the film-.. The song included samples from Marcel Carne's film: The Devil's Envoy, a masonic film set in the middle ages and shot in France during the Nazi occupation.
It goes: " Je suis le diable, aussi vrai que je suis ici, je suis ailleurs en même temps " (By French poet Jacques Prévert). " I'm the devil. So true that I'm here, there and everywhere at the same time "
The song was one of the biggest hits in the French speaking countries between 1990-1991.
12. In each chapter, one of the avengers is signing. The signing is part of a language created for this story but based on real tribal signs and movements of the hands / fingers. For each chapter the signing conveyed by one of the avengers means basically, the titles of the songs dividing the chapters.
1. Six. 2. The Four Avengers of Reality and the Apocalypse 3. We believe what we are told to believe 4. You can be whatever you want to be 5. Beyond the Solar System 6. Nothing is what it seems 7. Youa re invisible 8. The Sun and Saturn 9. Reality is Evil: It's a Devil's Life 10. The Speed of Light 11. I'm Alpha and Omega 12. Devil Inside.
Alex Hall.... A1
Vincent X. Hall.... A2
Old Nick.... A3
James Waterhouse.... A4
Alex Hall, an underwater bird
Dolly di Rosso, a fish
Written and Directed by Nick Peterson
Produced by Tom Norwood
Produced by James Hogan
Produced by Alex Altman
Produced by David Altman
Produced by Christine Peterson
Executive Producer: Nicolas Gaud
Edited by Thomas Black
Animation Aloysha Black
Executive Producers: Nicolas Mamin
Music by Virtual Alien and Old Nick
Published by Mnemonics Music America and Rumblefish..
Devil Inside, short clip and music clip.
Audiobook soundtrack album
Une Vie de Diable: Le Mal Absolu The book in French at Amazon